The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) is a UK-registered pan-European organisation dedicated to raising awareness of Azerbaijan and fostering closer economic, political and cultural links between that country and the nations of Europe.
As well as promoting the positive aspects of Azerbaijan, TEAS also highlights the plight of the 875,000 refugees and Internally Displaced Persons within the country. These people are unable to return to their homes and lands because of the illegal occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions by Armenia's armed forces – in defiance of four UN Security Council resolutions.
TEAS was launched in November 2008, having initially been established by Tale Heydarov as the London Azerbaijan Society in 2006. The organisation now has offices in the UK, Belgium, France, Germany and Turkey, along with a representative office in Azerbaijan.
TEAS has three main facets to its operations:
- Culture – TEAS raises awareness of Azerbaijan’s rich and vibrant culture to a worldwide audience by organising cultural events and operating as a networking centre. Visit the culture section.
- Business – TEAS supports its membership of European and Azerbaijani businesses. It provides a platform for organisations to establish links and strengthen their existing business relationships via a programme of networking opportunities across the regions. Visit the Business section.
- Public Affairs – TEAS works to increase awareness about Azerbaijan amongst key opinion formers, key decision-makers and other political, academic and civil society stakeholders. Visit the Public Affairs section.
In pursuit of its objectives TEAS:
- Organises meetings with interested parties, opinion formers and decision makers
- Facilitates fact-finding trips by politicians and business people
- Arranges round tables, seminars, lectures and conferences
- Publishes pamphlets, reports, bulletins, books and films.
If you would like further information about becoming a member of TEAS, please visit our membership page. If you would like to learn more about our activities, events and publications, we invite you to take a look at the relevant sections of our website, or to contact us directly.