Dentons – a TEAS member company – has launched the latest edition of its Global Energy Game Changers publication, entitled Focus on Europe (see http://bit.ly/dentonsglobal). Produced by its Global Energy Team, this is a compendium of insightful analysis into the most important issues facing the energy industry.
This invaluable publication covers continent-wide regulatory reform, the regulation of new cross-border power flows, the challenges facing the oil and gas industry, infrastructure sharing, disputes under investment treaties and the impact of Brexit. It also takes an in-depth look into the issues shaping the business environment in one of most important energy regions. Topics include:
• Quantum viewpoints – trends and projections for the energy industry
• EU Energy Union – a progress report
• Making the single EU electricity market work – ACER and cross-border capacity allocation
• Smart Grids – prospects and challenges
• Stormy weather in the UK North Sea
• “Help! I'm in a bad contract, get me out of here!” Disputes after the oil price crash
• Energy and communications infrastructure sharing: an idea whose time has come
• Solar suits against Western European governments
• Brexit and the energy sector: initial thoughts
Dentons has also issued a Client Alert on New Amendments to the Tax Code, following a Presidential Decree on 16 December. This includes the definition of income; transfer pricing provisions; advance assessment of taxation liabilities; reduced scope of permitted cash transactions; tightening of the regulation of cash transactions; the issuance if electronic invoices; income tax exemptions; the depreciation rate of machines and equipment; new withholding taxes; and the VAT status of electronic trade. Go to http://bit.ly/dentonstax to read the full alert.
Following another Decree on 16 December, Dentons has issued a further Client Alert on non-cash settlements, including situations where this payment form is mandatory. Visit http://bit.ly/dentonsnoncash for this essential information.