Azerbaijan – Locomotive of the Caucasus
Potential and Investment Opportunities
14 March 2013 | 8.30–17.00hrs
Hôtel de l’Industrie – Siège de la Société d’Encouragement pour l’Industrie Nationale
4 Place Saint-Germain-des-Prés 75006 Paris
This free conference is organised in collaboration with The Azerbaijani Embassy in France and the France-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce. Following the success of The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) Business Forum 2011 and 2012, which were held in London, this event sees the launch of the Business Forum Events in France.
Designed to act as a platform to develop business networks and to highlight the wealth of business and investment opportunities that exist in Azerbaijan, the conference will focus on topics including:
- Energy technologies
- Water and sanitation
- Telecommunications and aerospace
- Large-scale infrastructure projects
The event will also serve to:
- Outline the investment and business potential available in Azerbaijan
- Highlight existing projects in the country and provide the latest information
- Identify growth areas and unexploited sectors in the Azerbaijani economy
- Act as a platform for representatives of business and governments to deliver key messages to potential investors and partners
Azerbaijan is due to experience exponential growth and presents major potential for French companies in the hydrocarbon sector and beyond.
Boosted by the rise of oil, the economy of Azerbaijan has registered record rates of GDP growth of 25 to 35% between 2005 and 2007. Since then, although the economic boom has calmed somewhat the development of basic infrastructure continues at an impressive pace. At $ 64 billion in 2012, the GDP of Azerbaijan accounts for over 70% of the economy of the Caucasus.
Main image: courtesy of Big Photo.